Top 10 tips on what to wear on a photo shoot!
What you need to consider!
Adam from AWE Studio and Event Photography has completed a vast range of photo shoots from family portraits, to newborns, lingerie, fancy dress, anything from inside the studio or outside on location.
Here are just some tips of what to wear on a photo shoot.
- Consider what the theme is – you might want to do a fancy dress, or a beach theme, so dress appropriately to the theme you are trying to convey.
- Be comfortable – wear clothes that fit you perfectly and make you feel good
- Location – so consider your background location, if you are shooting photos in a bushland setting, you don’t want to be wearing green or you will blend into the location. Consider the temperature, what season of the year and dress appropriately otherwise you will either be too hot or cold and not comfortable for the photo shoot
- Colour – consider light and soft colours for a photo shoot to match your location. If you are in the studio you can consider brighter colours to wear
- Co-ordinate your wardrobe – When doing family portraits, people tend to match what they want to wear, that is ok, but look at the colour palette of colours that will match and suit the family’s skin tone.
- Trends – You don’t always have to wear the latest fashion trends, timeless pieces always work
- Don’t want to look like an advertisement – Try to avoid wearing clothes with large words or graphics, it distracts away from you
- Patterns – Choose one pattern that will match your colour palette, if you are wearing different patterns in a family photo shoot, it clashes, so try to keep it simple
- Accessories – this is a favourite and really brings the photoshoot together. Consider necklaces, belts, scarves, hats, jackets, they really bring the ‘wow’ factor to the photo shoot
- Hair & Make up – try to stay natural and basic to your own style, unless you want a more dramatic look. We have makeup artists here that can help you too, to make you look your best.
Always be yourself, your personality will always shine through and enjoy the experience. Let Adam and his team bring out your true self and have fun!
Contact Adam Weise from AWE Studio and Event Photography for more details.